[Infowarrior] - RIAA Still Can't Figure Out How To Use Google's DMCA Tools, Blames Google

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Feb 20 13:50:04 CST 2013

RIAA Still Can't Figure Out How To Use Google's DMCA Tools, Blames Google

from the but-of-course dept

This will hardly comes as a surprise, but the RIAA and other "anti-piracy groups" are still complaining that Google "isn't doing enough" to prop up their old and obsolete business models. The latest complaint? That Google's system only accepts a mere 10,000 DMCA takedowns per day and somehow that's just not enough. It turns out that this isn't actually true, but we'll get to that in a moment. Much of the article focuses on Dutch extremist anti-piracy group BREIN saying that the limit needs to go away. But there is this bizarre statement from the RIAA as well:

< - >

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130219/13482922031/riaa-still-cant-figure-out-how-to-use-googles-dmca-tools-blames-google.shtml