[Infowarrior] - Snowden granted 1-year Russian asylum

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Aug 1 07:20:36 CDT 2013

Snowden granted 1-year political asylum in Russia, leaves airport

http://rt.com/news/snowden-entry-papers-russia-902/

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has been granted temporary asylum in Russia and is allowed to enter the country’s territory.

The whistleblower has been granted temporary political asylum in Russia, Snowden's legal representative Anatoly Kucherena said.

“I have just handed over to him papers from the Russian Immigration Service. They are what he needs to leave the transit zone,” he added.