[Infowarrior] - MPAA Tells US Government To Screw Over The Blind, Reject Fair Use

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Apr 20 10:01:00 CDT 2013

MPAA Tells US Government To Screw Over The Blind, Reject Fair Use

from the well-there-they-go-again dept

Just this morning we were pointing out the MPAA's long history of attacking fair use. We noted that this often happened in international fora, where the MPAA and others would seek to block fair use in treaties and push rules that would limit or reject the possibility of fair use. And, just like clockwork, up pops an example. Apparently the "fair use defenders" at the MPAA are working overtime to get the White House to back down on promises concerning the decades-long negotiations for a treaty to help blind people not get screwed over by copyright law. The US has flip flopped on this issue over the past few years, but apparently had finally made some concessions that were allowing the process to move forward. The MPAA wants to kill all of that.....

< - >

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130419/12234522768/mpaa-tells-us-government-to-screw-over-blind-reject-fair-use.shtml