[Infowarrior] - Reason #14343913 to avoid stock 'analyst' calls

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Apr 18 07:06:33 CDT 2013

Just flip a coin and do better than them.   Amazing that the 'herd' (large and small) still puts so much faith in their alleged insights.  And of course the MSM loves it since a 'call' can be used to generate idiotic explanations about why a stock moves.

49% of Sell-Side Recommendations Underperform [STUDY]
http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/04/most-sell-side-analyst-recommendations-are-wrong/

I've seen firsthand the idiocy of these people.  The best thing to do?  Tune 'em out.  All of 'em.

-- rick