[Infowarrior] - 50 Cognitive Distortions

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Apr 8 07:06:27 CDT 2013

Understanding Cognition

Quite simply, cognition refers to thinking. There are the obvious applications of conscious reasoning—doing taxes, playing chess, deconstructing Macbeth—but thought takes many subtler forms, such as interpreting sensory input, guiding physical actions, and empathizing with others. The old metaphor for human cognition was the computer—a logical information-processing machine. (You can’t spell cognition without “cog.”) But while some of our thoughts may be binary, there's a lot more to our 'wetware' than 0's and 1's......

< - >

http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/cognition