[Infowarrior] - World Wide Wasteland

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Sep 5 08:46:25 CDT 2012

World Wide Wasteland

09/05/2012 by Swizec | 7 Comments and 27 Reactions

Nobody links to other websites anymore!

Bloggers didn’t die, and neither did blogging. But somehow, it just stopped being a vast, interconnected blogosphere …

When did the blogroll die anyway? Didn’t bloggers used to have links to all the blogs they read? Didn’t they talk about each other’s posts? Didn’t they quote and even reblog each other?

Gone.

All of it, like a puff of smoke that was never really there.

No, Tumblr doesn’t count. When was the last time somebody re-tumbled anything more substantial than a picture with two lines of text? And where have all the blog-spanning debates gone anyway? There used to be one almost every day, now I’m lucky if a story spans more than two blogs once every three months.

All of this really means the death of discovery.....

< -- >

http://www.zemanta.com/blog/world-wide-wasteland/