[Infowarrior] - Democrat Platform and Internet Freedom

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Sep 4 10:00:00 CDT 2012

Everyone who believes that who isn't part of the entertainment industry or another IP cartel, please stand up.
---rick

http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform

< - >

Internet Freedom. The Obama administration has led the world to recognize and defend Internet freedom – the freedom of expression, assembly, and association online for people everywhere – through coalitions of countries and by empowering individuals with innovative technologies. The administration has built partnerships to support an Internet that is secure and reliable and that is respectful of U.S. intellectual property, free flow of information, and privacy. To preserve the Internet as a platform for commerce, debate, learning, and innovation in the 21st century, we successfully negotiated international Internet policymaking principles, support the current multi-stakeholder approach to Internet governance, and oppose the extension of intergovernmental controls over the Internet.