[Infowarrior] - Skype for Windows 8 is coming: Always on, always in your contacts

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Oct 22 11:14:36 CDT 2012

(Not sure I like this idea, unless it can be disabled. ---rick)

Original URL: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/22/skype_windows_8/

Skype for Windows 8 is coming: Always on, always in your contacts
By Anna Leach

Posted in Windows 8, 22nd October 2012 15:47 GMT

Microsoft has dropped the veil on the next version of Skype a few days before it launches on Thursday with Windows 8. The video chat service has been reworked to be always-on and compatible with the live tiles and asymmetric grid that are at the core of the new user interface.

Skype for Windows 8 will be "immersive and effortless" claims Microsoft [1] announcing that it will be permanently on in Windows 8 with users able to receive calls or instant messages from Skype contacts at anytime without specifically having to log in.

< - >

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/22/skype_windows_8/