[Infowarrior] - T-Mobile and MetroPCS to merge

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Oct 3 13:53:58 CDT 2012

Guess I'll keep my TMo no-contract monthly 4G contract as-is for now, since one only knows how this will turn out!   --rick

Bonn, Germany; Bellevue, WA; and Richardson, TX – October 3, 2012 – Deutsche Telekom (XETRA: DTE; “Deutsche Telekom”) and MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS; “MetroPCS”) today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement to combine T-Mobile USA (“T-Mobile”) and MetroPCS.  This transaction will create the leading value carrier in the U.S. wireless marketplace, which will deliver an enhanced customer experience through a wider selection of affordable products and services, deeper network coverage and a clear-cut technology path to one common LTE network.  The combined company, which will retain the T-Mobile name, will have the expanded scale, spectrum and financial resources to aggressively compete with the other national U.S. wireless carriers.

< - >

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/t-mobile-metropcs-combine