[Infowarrior] - Judge decries "excessive" copyright and software patent protections

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Oct 2 07:29:39 CDT 2012

Judge decries "excessive" copyright and software patent protections

Influential judge and legal scholar argues that "major reforms are necessary."

by Timothy B. Lee - Oct 1 2012, 5:45pm EDT

Richard Posner, the federal judge who threw out the entire Apple v. Motorola patent battle in June, has penned a new blog post complaining about the proliferation of patents. "I am concerned that both patent and copyright protection, though particularly the former, may be excessive," Posner wrote on Sunday.

< - >

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/10/judge-decries-excessive-copyright-and-software-patent-protections/