[Infowarrior] - Facebook Asserts Trademark on Word ‘Book’ in New User Agreement

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Mar 25 22:48:49 CDT 2012

Just on principle alone, this is yet another reason why I don't play in Zuckerworld.  -rick

Facebook Asserts Trademark on Word ‘Book’ in New User Agreement
By Jon Brodkin, Ars Technica
March 23, 2012 |  4:09 pm |

http://m.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/facebook-book-trademark/

Facebook is trying to expand its trademark rights over the word “book” by adding the claim to a newly revised version of its “Statement of Rights and Responsibilities,” the agreement all users implicitly consent to by using or accessing Facebook.

( Big snip )

http://m.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/facebook-book-trademark/
Sent from my mobile. Please pardon typos and brevity.