[Infowarrior] - How the business press forgot the rest of us

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Mar 15 07:58:58 CDT 2012

Cover Story, The Audit — January / February 2012

A Narrowed Gaze
How the business press forgot the rest of us
By Dean Starkman
http://www.cjr.org/cover_story/a_narrowed_gaze.php?page=all

(Dean Starkman runs The Audit, the business section of the Columbia Journalism Review, and is CJR’s Kingsford Capital Fellow. This article was presented with the assistance of The Nation Institute, for which we are grateful. It will inform Starkman’s book, The Watchdog That Didn’t Bark: the Financial Crisis and the Financial Press, to be published in the fall of 2012 by Columbia University Press, as part of the new Columbia Journalism Review Book Series.*)