[Infowarrior] - Latest Stress Tests Are Expected to Show Progress at Most Banks

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Mar 12 08:17:31 CDT 2012

Translation:  "This time the news is good enough we're happy to share it publicly going into an election year to help hype up the anemic economic recovery.  Last year, it was embarrassing, would have caused a public panic if disclosed and our owners/er, banks would have lost tons more money than they did already by their own actions in years past."    You can get dizzy trying to peer thru the DC spin these days.   ---rick

Latest Stress Tests Are Expected to Show Progress at Most Banks
By NELSON D. SCHWARTZ
Published: March 11, 2012

In another milestone in the banking industry’s recovery from the financial crisis, the Federal Reserve this week will release the results of its latest stress tests, which are expected to show broadly improved balance sheets at most institutions.

The findings would be the latest of several signs of renewed strength in the economy, including the unemployment report last Friday that showed that more than 227,000 jobs were created in February.

< - >

Unlike the findings of the last round of stress tests, which ended last March, the results of this round will be made public by the Federal Reserve, with an announcement expected by Thursday. Last time, the Fed informed the banks of their results, and it was up to them to announce whether they would proceed with dividend increases or buybacks.

< - >

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/12/business/new-stress-tests-expected-to-show-progress-at-most-banks.html?_r=1&hp