[Infowarrior] - "V-word" trends on Twitter to protest MI GOP prudishness

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Jun 15 07:09:24 CDT 2012

Oh Noes!  My ears!  My tender, pristine, prudish ears!!!

#Vagina trends after US female legislator banned from speaking

Michigan state representative Lisa Brown was banned indefinitely from speaking on the floor of the Michigan House of Representatives after she used the word vagina as she voiced her vehement opposition to the state’s anti-abortion bill on June 14, which could criminalise all abortions after 20 weeks’ gestation in all cases. It sent women – and men – into a frenzy and had #Vagina trending on Twitter.

< - >

http://storyful.com/stories/32534