[Infowarrior] - Security FUD Alert: Flame On. Flame Off. Flame Out

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Jun 1 07:14:59 CDT 2012

(c/o Ferg)

Security FUD Alert: Flame On. Flame Off. Flame Out

Here we go again, and this one is not (energy) sector specific. It's more geo-specific ... see: Middle East and North Africa, at least for now. This is a clear-cut case of marketing security through fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD), and using the press's predictably Pavlovian response to maximize impact.

Depending on where you fit in the cyber food chain, maybe you like it, but I'm sick of it. Sick of it, I say. And I'm not going to take it anymore! (Yeah, right)

< - >

http://smartgridsecurity.blogspot.com/2012/05/security-fud-alert-flame-on-flame-off.html