[Infowarrior] - Monster Fight: Can You Tell An Energy Drink From An Aquarium?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jul 31 06:27:43 CDT 2012

Monster Fight: Can You Tell An Energy Drink From An Aquarium?

from the tastes-like-bulls**t-to-me dept

Can you guess which brand is throwing its trademark power around with reckless disregard for common sense or possible confusion? That's right. Monster. Only in this case it's Monster Energy Drinks, whose legal team had apparently gone dormant after a streak of losses, rather than Monster Cable, whose legal team felt the average consumer couldn't tell the difference between an overpriced cable and a deer salt lick.

The Consumerist brings us the news that Monster (the Energy Drink) is looking to add to its streak of windmills tilted at, this time going after the Monster Aquaria Network, under the belief that somehow innocent people looking for a pick-me-up beverage are ending up with extremely large fish tanks instead.

Further details of the cease and desist order can be found at the site set up by the Monster Aquaria Network to apprise its fans and customers of the situation. In addition to insisting that the Aquaria Network immediately cease usage of the word "Monster" and the letter "M," Monster Energy Drinks apparently feels it has staked a claim to certain colors .....

< -- >

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120719/15533919767/monster-fight-can-you-tell-energy-drink-aquarium.shtml