[Infowarrior] - Alex Day Sells Half A Million Songs By Breaking All The 'Rules'

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jul 30 06:48:20 CDT 2012

Alex Day Sells Half A Million Songs By Breaking All The 'Rules'

from the *according-to-the-recording-industry dept

Well, what do we have here? Another artist operating outside the constraints of the recording industry and yet, against all odds, making money? Probably too good to be true. He's built a huge following on known pirate site YouTube and his first two royalty checks totaled over $200,000, but the question remains: how can Alex Day make money with such a wrong-headed approach?

The Tunecore blog gets to the bottom of this Alex Day sensation. In a day and age where no one can sell music, Day is doing exactly that. Not only is he selling music, but he's doing many things completely wrong, if conventional thinking is anything to go by. Just how successful is Alex Day?

< - >

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/casestudies/articles/20120721/16471919785/alex-day-sells-half-million-songs-breaking-all-rules.shtml