[Infowarrior] - Jon Stewart Blasts Viacom For Stupid Blackout; Viacom gives in

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jul 17 19:47:04 CDT 2012

These old-school entertainment companies just....don't.....get.......it.      --rick

Jon Stewart Blasts Viacom For Stupid Blackout; Viacom Sheepishly Turns Web Streams Back On

< -- >

"You're pulling the shows from the internet?!? What are you, China?!? And by the way, you don't think the kids already have a workaround? This morning, when I woke up, my 8-year-old son was watching Dark Knight Rises in 3D. They're already figuring it out. So basically you're blocking old people from watching the show, and just giving people a chance to discover that there's other entertaining s**t in the world...."

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120717/11403219732/jon-stewart-blasts-viacom-stupid-blackout-viacom-sheepishly-turns-web-streams-back.shtml