[Infowarrior] - Facebook Email problem WORSE than you think!

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jul 2 12:40:25 CDT 2012

(c/o ajr)

The Facebook Email Fiasco Might Be Worse Than We Thought (Updated)
Sam Biddle

Remember when Facebook changed all of our default email accounts to their own, unused system, without informing any of us? That was fun! But it looks like the problem could be much wider and more damaging than it first seemed.

CNET reports a multitude of user complaints after the big obnoxious switch-over, citing claims that Facebook is "changing their address books while intercepting and losing unknown amounts of e-mail." Some Facebookers are seeing messages (inadvertently) sent to their @facebook accounts vanishing into nothing, while others have noticed every email address in their phone overwritten by Facebook:

< - BIG SNIP - >

http://gizmodo.com/5922836/is-the-facebook-email-fiasco-worse-than-we-all-thought