[Infowarrior] - Happy Birthday to Zero Hedge

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jan 9 21:27:37 CST 2012

Three Years Of Zero Hedge

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/09/2012 21:26 -0500

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/three-years-zero-hedge

Today is the three year anniversary of Zero Hedge.

Starting with humble beginnings and even humbler aspirations, and proceeding through over half a billion page views filled with breaking news, analyses, cynical ruminations, snarky sarcasm, grotesque hyperbole (two words best used to explain our current socio-economic catastrophe), and broadly - entertainment - this website has been lucky enough to grow into the world biggest fully independent financial blog (whatever that means), garnering between 1 and 2 million page views daily (usually VIX-dependent), and serving around 4 million unique readers per month from all around the world.

While we enjoy cutting through the endless media bullshit and propaganda, exposing stupidity, learning from our mistakes, often with a much-needed dose of self-preserving humor that is so critical in this day and age, and hoping to satisfy a persistently unmet niche in the media space, the truth is that no matter the content, the site would not have succeeded or achieved anything without you, our reader. And while most come here to quietly read, learn, snicker, or just to pass the time between trade confirms and fake European bailout headlines, others prefer to engage in direct commentary, often times boisterous, frequently venting, and always uncensored and uncut. Because more than anything, this is a place for anyone and everyone who has an open mind, and more importantly, a sense of humor.

It is to you, our readers, that we owe our sincerest gratitude for providing not only one of the most educated and intelligent, not to mention outspoken, readership bases one could hope for, but for constantly engaging us, and helping us grow and develop in ways we had never thought possible.

It is this what "social media" is all about.

As for everything else, it will happen... in due course. The transition from point A to point B will not be fast and it will not be easy, but it will take place. Because systems out of equilibrium always revert in due course.

And we expect to be there covering, analyzing, and certainly mocking it, every step of the way.

Yours Sincerely,

the ZH crew