[Infowarrior] - Anonymous releases FBI to UK conference call

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Feb 3 07:10:56 CST 2012

Anonymous releases FBI to UK conference call

Agents discuss arrested hackers in clunky call
By Dave Neal
Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:30

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2143768/anonymous-releases-fbi-uk-conference

HACKTIVIST GROUP Anonymous has plundered a conference call from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and posted it on Youtube.

In the audio FBI agents at a number of locations discuss Anonymous and its members, bumble their way through some small talk, and do a lot of chuckling.

Things do not start well. The UK contingent confuses Sheffield with Birmingham, but everyone seems to bond once a well-known hamburger store is mentioned.

According to a statement on Pastebin that supports the release of the audio the call took place on Tuesday, 20 January and lasted for about 20 minutes.

"A conference call is planned for next Tuesday (January 17, 2012) to discuss the on-going investigations related to Anonymous, Lulzsec, Antisec, and other associated splinter groups. The conference call was moved to Tuesday due to a US holiday on Monday," says a reproduced email that is signed by Timothy F. Lauster, Jr of the FBI.

It is quite interesting. When people are not yucking at poor jokes, the UK coppers appear to be doing all that they can to please their US counterparts and provide them with as much information as they possibly can.

The FBI asks if it can do dual interviews with suspects, adding that it's not something that the UK would normally do. The UK representative suggests that there might be some movement on this, and adds that it could be discussed later.

The court appearances of Ryan Cleary and Jake Davis, or rather their delays, are also discussed, and the UK officer says that "following a discussion with the New York office" they have postponed the re-arrests of hackers including Kayla and T Flow, while working with the New York FBI on 'operational matters'. The UK officer says that they have asked for eight weeks to work on this, and are expecting to get six weeks.

Perhaps most telling is what he says when the FBI host, presumably Lauster, thanks the UK for its support. "We are here to help. We cocked things up in the past, we know that," he says, adding, "it's not that much of a hardship."

Source: The Inquirer (http://s.tt/15wY0)