[Infowarrior] - U.N. summit rejects U.S., Europe hands-off-the-Internet plea

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Dec 13 07:47:57 CST 2012

While dismayed, I have to snicker at how the US is complaining about such "middle of the night votes" (my words)  on a controversial issue.  What's good for the goose *must* be good for the gander!!   Live and learn, people.  ---rick

U.N. summit rejects U.S., Europe hands-off-the-Internet plea

Nigeria, Cuba, Algeria, and Saudi Arabia persuade a majority of summit delegates to support giving a United Nations agency a more "active" role in Internet governance.

< -- >

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57558887-38/u.n-summit-rejects-u.s-europe-hands-off-the-internet-plea/