[Infowarrior] - Steve Wozniak on Internet Democracy

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Aug 18 08:15:29 CDT 2012

Apple Founder Steve Wozniak on Internet Democracy

August 14, 2012

MEDIA ROOTS — When I think of the most prolific innovators of our generation, there are a couple names that immediately come to mind. The founders of Apple, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, are definitely at the top of the list. There's no denying that Apple computers have aesthetically designed the world in which we all know and live in today–by simplifying technology to the point where everyone can use and access the internet, Apple products have changed the course of social interaction in the world.

I had the great pleasure of sitting down with the co-founder of Apple, Steve Wozniak, last week in downtown DC. Truthfully, I was a little worried that someone worth billions of dollars would be pretentious and aloof. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to see how down to earth and open he was to share his perspective.

It was a refreshing and enlightening experience to hear from such a visionary on issues like MegaUpload's Kim Dotcom, Net Neutrality, WikiLeaks, and government legislation that curbs our internet freedoms.

< - >

http://mediaroots.org/apple-founder-steve-wozniak-on-internet-democracy.php