[Infowarrior] - Banned during the Games: What the rules say

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Apr 20 14:52:24 CDT 2012

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/apr/13/olympics-2012-branding-police-sponsors

Banned during the Games: What the rules say

Athletes don't …

• Blog about your breakfast cereal or energy bar if it's not an official sponsor – in Games Period all endorsement is banned.

• Post video clips from inside the athletes' village to your blog or Youtube. No audio or video content from inside any Olympic venue can be uploaded to any site.

• Tweet "in the role of a journalist". Athletes "must not report on competition or comment on the activities of other participants".

Non-sponsor companies and businesses don't …

• Say: "Supporting our athletes at the 2012 Games!" or "Help us make it a Gold 2012!"

• Use images that suggest an assocation with the London Olympics.

•Offer tickets as part of a promotion.

Crowd members don't …

• Upload a clip of William and Kate tripping up the steps of the Olympic stadium to Youtube: "A Ticket Holder may not license, broadcast or publish video and/or sound recordings, including on social networking websites and the internet."

• Post your pictures to Facebook – this may fall under the same restriction.

• Take part in an ambush marketing stunt, "including, for the avoidance of doubt individual or group ambush marketing".