[Infowarrior] - New Draft Of CISPA Announced: Some Progress, Still Big Problems

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Apr 13 21:24:15 CDT 2012

New Draft Of CISPA Announced: Some Progress, Still Big Problems

from the it's-a-start-I-guess dept

The House Intelligence Committee has published a new draft of CISPA (pdf and embedded below), which includes the two amendments that were already approved, plus several other additions and changes. In some areas, there is genuine progress—in others, things actually seem  to have gotten worse. Unfortunately, some of the biggest problems with the bill remain, and some of the new language seems to have little effect at all. Some changes I will discuss in future posts, but there are two that I wanted to look at right away:

< -- >

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120413/15420218488/new-draft-cispa-announced-some-progress-still-big-problems.shtml