[Infowarrior] - WH Creating Cyber-War hotline?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Nov 2 06:44:16 CDT 2011

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/11/01/vps-remarks-london-cyberspace-conference

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Vice President
For Immediate Release                                                       November 1, 2011

REMARKS BY VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN
TO THE LONDON CONFERENCE ON CYBERSPACE

Via Video Teleconference

10:42 A.M. EDT

     THE VICE PRESIDENT:  Well, thank you very much, Foreign Secretary Hague, and my best to Prime Minister Cameron.  I agree with everything that he said today.

     But I’m very glad to be able to join you all on behalf of our administration to talk about the issue that will have enormous, enormous consequences for each of our countries and, quite frankly, consequences for the whole world:  the future of cyberspace.

< -- >

     For example, the United States is working closely with Russia to reach an agreement that would establish links between our computer emergency response teams and our nuclear risk reduction centers to build cooperation and to set up lines of communication in the event of an alarming incident.

< -- >

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/11/01/vps-remarks-london-cyberspace-conference