[Infowarrior] - OT: Congressional priorities #fail

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Nov 1 12:46:20 CDT 2011

We all know that Congress is never in-tune with reality or the real issues of the day.   Then again, clearly divisive social 'wedge' issues are the go-to fallback measure when folks don't want to face the real problems facing the country and it's citzenry.

Ask some of the "99%" during this time of economic and national crisis of uncertainty, if they're more concerned with Congressional action on employment and health care or ensuring that one religion's "god" is officially the national motto.  As i said, #congressfail.

Just another thing to distract the masses and pundits from reality, apparently.  -- rick

Congress voting to affirm ‘In God We Trust’ as national motto
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/social-issues-return-to-fore-with-in-god-we-trust-resolution/2011/10/31/gIQAXQasZM_blog.html

Jobs and the national debt have dominated the action on Capitol Hill for much of the 112th Congress, but the House on Tuesday will make a brief detour from that agenda when it considers a measure “reaffirming ‘In God We Trust’ as the official motto of the United States.”

The measure, H.Con.Res. 13, was sponsored by Rep. Randy Forbes (R-Va.) and is expected to be one of several bills coming up for a vote Tuesday evening under fast-track rules.

< - >

The “In God We Trust” resolution marks the second time this month that the House will have voted on a measure related to social issues. Two weeks ago, the chamber approved the “Protect Life Act,” a measure that would prohibit federal funds from going toward health care plans that cover abortion services.