[Infowarrior] - Summary: ZDNet's USA PATRIOT Act series

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Jun 29 17:04:50 CDT 2011

By Zack Whittaker | April 27, 2011, 8:00am PDT

Summary

ZDNet’s USA PATRIOT Act series: A summary of four extensively detailed posts, of how the Act can access data held outside the United States.

This executive summary recaps a series of posts and a year’s worth of research on how the USA PATRIOT ACT impacts cross-border clouds, and considers whether data is safe from the risk of interception or unwarranted searches by U.S. authorities; even European protected data.

Although this is a U.S.-oriented site and I am a British citizen, the issues I surface here affect all readers, whether living and working inside or outside the United States.

< -- >

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/summary-zdnets-usa-patriot-act-series/9233