[Infowarrior] - IBM Turns 100 Today, We Look Back

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Jun 16 07:44:31 CDT 2011

 IBM Turns 100 Today, We Look Back
Thursday June 16, 2011, Matt Brian

US computing giant IBM celebrates its 100th anniversary today, a century passing since business Charles Flint oversaw the merger of Hollerith’s Tabluating Machine Company with the Computing Scale Company of America and International Recording Company to become Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company, the brand we know today as IBM.

So how did a tabulating machine company, an Ohio manufacturer of meat slicers and scales, and a maker of industrial clocks become one of the world’s most respected and profitable brands? We take a look:

< - big snip - >

http://thenextweb.com/industry/2011/06/16/ibm-turns-100-today-we-look-back/