[Infowarrior] - Best Practices for Social Media Verification

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Jun 3 17:27:24 CDT 2011

Best Practices for Social Media Verification

Some tips and thoughts from the experts

By Craig Silverman

Whether you view it as long overdue or just in time, I believe we are starting to see the emergence of best practices for verifying social media content and citizen reports. Recent weeks and months have seen leading practitioners of social media verification and crowdsourced verification share tips and thoughts to help move the discipline forward.

Below is a summary of what I’ve collected to date. I’ve teased out the core details from longer blog posts and columns, and encourage you to click through and read the full text of each piece I’ve excerpted.

< -- >

http://www.cjr.org/the_news_frontier/best_practices_for_social_medi.php?page=all