[Infowarrior] - Scathing commentary on ISC2 certification

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jul 26 06:49:54 CDT 2011

(Well done, Jericho!  -- rick)

https://infosecisland.com/blogview/15450-My-Canons-on-ISC-Ethics-Such-as-They-Are.html

My Canons on (ISC)² Ethics - Such as They Are
Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc., (ISC)², bills themselves as "the global, not-for-profit leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout their careers."

They are probably most well-known for their CISSP® - Certified Information Systems Security Professional. With 5 years of experience, practice in two of the ten domains they list and passing a 250 question multiple choice test, you can earn this certification.

The (ISC)² Code of Ethics is founded on four canons to guide CISSP certification holders. I offer my own canons on the (ISC)² Code of Ethics. These should be used to guide you in maintaining a better perspective on the absurdity that is (ISC)².

[..]

https://infosecisland.com/blogview/15450-My-Canons-on-ISC-Ethics-Such-as-They-Are.html