[Infowarrior] - US MSM ignores TSA op-ed, Pravda publishes

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Dec 29 14:03:30 CST 2011

US Mainstream Media Refuses Op-Ed About TSA Eroding Civil Liberties... But Pravda Publishes It

from the sad-statement dept

A few months ago, we wrote about how a TSA agent who was involved in an intrusive "pat down" of Amy Alkon threatened her with a defamation claim for daring to say and write that she felt she was raped by the TSA agent. Recently Alkon sought to publish an op-ed about her experience and the importance of standing up for one's civil rights in America. As she notes, pretty much all of the American mainstream media refused to publish the piece:

Media outlets that refused to publish this piece include the LA Times, The New York Times, Reuters, CNN, The Huffington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Yahoo.com, MSNBC.com, and The Washington Post.
You know who did publish it? Pravda. Yes, the rather infamous Russian publication.....

< - >

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111228/11045117216/us-mainstream-media-refuses-op-ed-about-tsa-eroding-civil-liberties-pravda-publishes-it.shtml