[Infowarrior] - FBI to change definition of ‘rape’ for the first time since 1929

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Dec 8 11:35:11 CST 2011

(Link to full article to get the definitions - I kept them out of this note to avoid tripping your Lovejoy filters. -- rick)

FBI to change definition of ‘rape’ for the first time since 1929

Activists say the old definition undercounted sexual assaults and discouraged reporting

BY Rheana Murray
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Thursday, December 8 2011, 1:10 AM

The FBI’s definition of “rape” is about to get a long-awaited update, for the first time since 1929.

The revamped description will be broader, pleasing activists who say the current definition leads to the low-balling of sexual assault cases, and also discourages victims to come forward.

< - >

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fbi-change-definition-rape-time-1929-article-1.988510