[Infowarrior] - OT: George Lucas at it again

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Aug 31 19:09:32 CDT 2011

Lucasfilm changes original Star Wars trilogy again
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20100085-1/lucasfilm-changes-original-star-wars-trilogy-again/

In regards to the "New NO!" dialogue, I confess to thinking the first "No" kindasorta makes sense and adds to the dramatic conflict Vader is facing.  However, the second, ROTS-sounding "Nooooo" as he hurls the Emperor into the chasm totally kills the scene and feels utterly forced.  And Obi-Wan's "new" Karyat Dragon scream sounds like someone happy that a fresh keg's been tapped in 'Animal House' -- though I think there's another analogy that's more appropriate and snarky, but I won't mention it. *headdesk* Moreover, how many hours were spent to make the Ewoks blink now?  I'd have preferred them be removed entirely from the movie, but that's just me.

That said, grumbles aside, I will be ordering the BluRay anyway.  Because Han always did, and always will, shoot first.  Even if George says otherwise. ;)

-- rick