[Infowarrior] - CRS Report Withheld By USTR Confirms That ACTA Language Is Quite Questionable

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Apr 26 19:45:57 CDT 2011

CRS Report Withheld By USTR Confirms That ACTA Language Is Quite Questionable

from the revealed dept

We're happy to announce that we've been able to get our hands on the -- until now -- secret Congressional Research Service analysis of ACTA. You can see it embedded below, and it shows that the language used by the USTR in ACTA has lots of weasel words that let them claim it doesn't impact US law, but the interpretations of the language could very much impact US law. First some background....

< -- >

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110421/16580813994/crs-report-withheld-ustr-confirms-that-acta-language-is-quite-questionable.shtml