[Infowarrior] - OT: 911 Callers Are a Joke in Broward County

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Oct 5 06:21:45 CDT 2010

911 Callers Are a Joke in Broward County
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/911-Does-Not-Stand-for-Emergency-in-Broward-104294569.html?dr

Best line? "The fast food offenses are usually the most common and often the most annoying because people think it's really an emergency worthy of 911, one operator said......"Screaming in my ear, 'I wanted the sausage, and he gave me the burrito!'" April McGill recalls from one call. "She's trying to force me to eat something off the menu that I don't want!""

... I knew I left home for a reason back in the late 80s.   This confirms it.

Unfortunately, although I escapted 911 lunacy by leaving Florida, I ended up living with 9/11 lunacy in DC.   Gaah!

-- rick