[Infowarrior] - TSA to investigate body scan resistor

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Nov 16 07:27:17 CST 2010

TSA to investigate body scan resister
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/15/tsa-probe-scan-resistor/

Rick Comment:

So if you get to the security checkpoint and then decide you don't want to go through it, you can't just say "meh, I don't want to fly and leave the airport" -- but you'll be fined?    And TSA has the gall to say this policy is to prevent terrorists from gaining information about the checkpoint and leaving the scene?   What's to stop them from phoning their buddies once they're inside the terminal???  Do they really think terrorists are that dumb?  (of course they do.....)

Moreover, If indeed TSA believes that by purchasing an airline ticket we are "giving up some Constitutional rights" that is grounds for even stronger protests and legal actions against the organisation.    But if true, airlines should be forced to print a warning on their tickets to that effect.......and the TSA needs to replace their recordings at the checkpoints with Admiral Ackbar warning passengers that "It's A Trap!"

--- rick