[Infowarrior] - DOD: Updates to 'cyber' policy references

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Mar 31 18:17:07 UTC 2010

Attached is a recent CJCS Instruction regarding updated terminology
for "information operations" and related concepts for use by DOD.
Apparently this is part of a broader and ongoing process to update JP
1-02, the “DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms” --- which
is the Pentagon's "dictionary" of all terms military, if you didn't
know.

Much to my surprise, I am shocked that DOD actually makes some *very*
good definitions here. I guess after fifteen years, they're finally
starting move past much of the FUD and hype surrounding "cyberwar"....
especially the deafening cacophony that's been plaguing DC over the
past year or two.  Well done, DOD!

A copy of the CJCS memorandum is mirrored here:

http://www.infowarrior.org/users/rforno/CJCSI.6504.01.pdf

Cheers

-rick