[Infowarrior] - OT: Economic QOTDs

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jun 1 07:55:14 CDT 2010

Source: CNBC and other sources

Steve Wynn, CEO of Wynn Resorts, offers this brilliant quote regarding the US socio-economic situation:

"We are on our way to Greece in the hands of a confused and foolish Government that is living up to the predictions of Alexis de Toqueville who said "The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when the politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money" and boy, it is in full bloom today, so extreme that it will probably have an end onto itself, the public is frightened, this Tea Party business is all about fear, there is a sense in the land of discomfort, there is a sense of fear that the politicians are ruining us and the people are right, it’s got to stop, its got to stop..."

....and regarding his moving his corporate headquarters to Macau:

"Macau has been steady, the shocking unexpected Government is the one in Washington, that's where we get surprises every day; that's where taxes are changed every 5 minutes; that's where you don't know what to expect tomorrow; to compare political stability and predictability in China and Washington is like comparing Mt. Everest to an ant-hill."

"So when you ask me to compare the unpredictability and uncertainty politically in China compared to Washington, I take China; Washington is unpredictable these days; No one in the Business community from one coast to the other has any idea what's next?...the uncertainty of the business climate in America is frightening, frightening to everybody and it is delaying the recovery..."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/37392344