[Infowarrior] - 'Proof of Life' services, among others...

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jan 25 02:40:05 UTC 2010

The issue of what-to-do with digital data and accounts is the subject
of this WaPo article.  One of the more interesting ideas I cut
below.... of course, there wil be security/privacy/resilience
consideraions ... ranging from 'who watches the watchers' to issues of
the 'watchers' going bankrupt or having their systems compromised.
But interesting idea anyway.      -rf

Web sites let online lives outlast the dearly departed
By Michael S. Rosenwald
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, January 25, 2010; A01

< - >

The new sites, with such names as DataInherit, Entrustet, Parting
Wishes, VitalLock, My Last Email and If I Die, deliver the bad news in
novel ways. With deathswitch.com, if users don't respond to regular e-
mails to confirm that they are still alive, the site gets increasingly
worried about them, sending notes that nearly beg for a reply: "Please
log on using the link below to demonstrate that you are still alive."
If users don't respond within a set period of time, "postmortem" e-
mails stored in their account are delivere

< - >

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/24/AR2010012402886_pf.html