[Infowarrior] - Infamous TSA agent loses notebook

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jan 4 04:02:02 UTC 2010

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/runway-girl/2010/01/exclusive-tsa-agents-notebook.html

What would you say if I told you that one of the federal agents who
ventured to travel writer Steven Frischling's house to issue a
subpoena and search his electronic equipment for the source of the
agency's leaked security directive (SD) also happened to leave his
notebook lying in a public place?

Would you define such a misstep as complete ineptitude?

Would you wonder how the agency protects the information it gleans
from other - more important - investigations (you know, ones involving
threats against our nation)?

A source with knowledge of the situation tells me that one of the two
agents tasked with discovering the source of the SD leak left his
notebook in a public area.

A TSA spokesperson could not be immediately reached for comment.