[Infowarrior] - OT: "NoLabels" PAC launches

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Dec 13 11:33:53 CST 2010

http://nolabels.org/

Who We Are

We live in the time of the movement -- where views and opinions of our citizens can be aggregated and collected and heard as one voice through social media and online organizing technology.

There is a new movement afoot -- one that represents the majority of Americans left out of the current political debate--it's called No Labels.  Organized around a single and simple idea, this movement encourages leaders to "put the labels aside" in an effort to seek common sense solutions to our nation's problems.

No Labels is not a centrist, conservative, or liberal movement.  In fact, No Labels is not about ideology; it is about an attitude and new approach.  We do not ask any political leader to ever give up their label - merely put it aside -- in order to work together and find practical solutions to our nation's problems.

If an idea has merit and is fact-based -- No labels pays no heed to whether it is a Republican or Democratic idea, the only concern is that it offers a practical solution for our nation’s many ills.

No Labels intends to unite Republicans, Democrats and Independents with a simple, single idea -- our leaders need to work together to do what government was intended to do: solve problems.  No Labels is not a political party nor aspires to be one, our focus is on building a broad citizen movement, not running any one individual for office.

Too often in today’s world -- political gamesmanship gets in the way of solving problems and leads to gridlock. No Labels seeks to change the dynamics of our political culture and provide support for those politicians who will put their labels aside and work across the aisle to solve problems.

Ideological extremism and political litmus tests are toxic and destructive to creating a space where the best ideas can be found and enacted.

We need to change the culture in Washington so that government can work effectively to solve problems. The people's voice needs to be heard loud and clear if our leaders' behavior is to change. No Labels is about changing behavior and making it acceptable again to work across party lines and focus on practical solutions.

Only until our leaders put the labels aside can we have confidence in them to make the right decisions for our nation.

No Labels is a simple and clear unifying idea whose time has come. It is not a political party and does not have an issues platform. We represent a new voice for our citizens. As the movement expands there may be issues that the movement embraces and advocates but we will not prescribe what they will be in our formation and launch.