[Infowarrior] - Understanding Pac-Man Ghost Behavior

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Dec 3 18:59:41 CST 2010

Understanding Pac-Man Ghost Behavior

It only seems right for me to begin this blog with the topic that inspired me to start it in the first place. Not too long ago, I came across Jamey Pittman’s “Pac-Man Dossier”, which is a ridiculously-detailed explanation of the mechanics of Pac-Man. I found it absolutely fascinating, so this site is my attempt to discover and aggregate similarly-detailed information about other games (albeit in much smaller chunks). However, as a bit of a tribute, I’m going to start with Pac-Man as well, specifically the ghost AI. It’s an interesting topic, and hopefully my explanation will be a bit more accessible than Jamey’s, due to focusing on only the information relevant to ghost behavior.

< -- >

http://gameinternals.com/post/2072558330/understanding-pac-man-ghost-behavior