[Infowarrior] - Pentagon = RIAA on Wikileaks response

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Aug 6 12:57:02 CDT 2010

How The Pentagon's Reaction To Wikileaks Is Like The RIAA's Reaction To Napster

from the and-it'll-work-just-as-well dept

Earlier, we wrote about the Pentagon's ridiculous and counterproductive attacks on Wikileaks, noting that it was the exact wrong approach to take. In writing that, I probably should have made the connection to some other, similarly short-sighted "attacks" on something one legacy group felt was a threat, but which actually was probably an opportunity -- and in attacking it, that legacy group only served to (1) draw more attention to it and (2) create even more, harder to work with, clones. I'm talking, of course, about the RIAA and its reaction to Napster...

< - >

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100806/02073410521.shtml