[Infowarrior] - All of Gopherspace as a single download

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Apr 29 12:40:54 UTC 2010

All of Gopherspace as a single download

Cory Doctorow at 3:32 AM April 29, 2010

In 2007, John Goerzen scraped every gopher site he could find (gopher was a menu-driven text-only precursor to the Web; I got my first online gig programming gopher sites). He saved 780,000 documents, totalling 40GB. Today, most of this is offline, so he's making the entire archive available as a .torrent file; the compressed data is only 15GB. Wanna host the entire history of a medium? Here's your chance!

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/04/29/all-of-gopherspace-a.html