[Infowarrior] - good read: Dan Gilmor on iPad-Journalism Objectivity

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Apr 9 14:47:10 UTC 2010

IMHO such questions about conflcit of interest are a  VERY worrysome
prospect:, not just for the Times, but for any content provider in a
future of such iPad-ish Walled Gardens:

"That’s only one issue I raised with the Times’ spokesman. Here’s
another, which I’ve also raised with Nisenholtz and people at the Wall
Street Journal and USA Today: Does Apple, which maintains control over
what iPad apps are made available, have the unilateral right to remove
these journalism organizations’ news apps if the apps deliver
information to audiences that Apple considers unacceptable for any
reason?"

Dan's entire posting is worth reading:

Complicating Relationships in Media: Apple, NY Times Dealings Raise
Questions
http://mediactive.com/2010/04/08/complicating-relationships-in-media-apple-ny-times-dealings-raise-questions/