[Infowarrior] - Rutkowska's Evil Maid attack

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Oct 23 16:40:35 UTC 2009

Evil Maid goes after TrueCrypt!

 From time to time it’s good to take a break from all the ultra-low-
level stuff, like e.g. chipset or TXT hacking, and do something
simple, yet still important. Recently Alex Tereshkin and I got some
spare time and we implemented the Evil Maid Attack against TrueCrypt
system disk encryption in a form of a small bootable USB stick image
that allows to perform the attack in an easy “plug-and-play” way. The
whole infection process takes about 1 minute, and it’s well suited to
be used by hotel maids.

< - >

http://theinvisiblethings.blogspot.com/2009/10/evil-maid-goes-after-truecrypt.html