[Infowarrior] - Wolfram Alpha is live

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat May 16 17:05:02 UTC 2009

http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Wolfram|Alpha's long-term goal is to make all systematic knowledge
immediately computable and accessible to everyone. We aim to collect
and curate all objective data; implement every known model, method,
and algorithm; and make it possible to compute whatever can be
computed about anything. Our goal is to build on the achievements of
science and other systematizations of knowledge to provide a single
source that can be relied on by everyone for definitive answers to
factual queries.

Wolfram|Alpha aims to bring expert-level knowledge and capabilities to
the broadest possible range of people—spanning all professions and
education levels. Our goal is to accept completely free-form input,
and to serve as a knowledge engine that generates powerful results and
presents them with maximum clarity.

Wolfram|Alpha is an ambitious, long-term intellectual endeavor that we
intend will deliver increasing capabilities over the years and decades
to come. With a world-class team and participation from top outside
experts in countless fields, our goal is to create something that will
stand as a major milestone of 21st century intellectual achievement.