[Infowarrior] - OT: Book Recommendation

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Mar 23 01:07:57 UTC 2009

Tonight I finished William Cohan's new book on the demise of Bear
Stearns called 'House of Cards' -- a rather disturbing but well
written chronology of events leading to Bear's fall last year.  From
bad business decisions, out-and-out deceptions, some *very* out of
touch management (many with strong, if not bull-headed personalities)
and more, the book shed new light on what I already knew about the
story, and revealed some new stuff too. FWIW saying, the first and
third sections are absolute page-turners.

For those interested, here's a Bloomberg link to a review:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=aGyp3RIFdW1I&refer=muse

FYI, Cohan also wrote the definitive history of Lazard Freres back in
2007....another great read entitled 'The Last Tycoons'.

-rick