[Infowarrior] - Responsible Twitter?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jun 16 12:24:23 UTC 2009

Interesting - private company delaying a major outage because of world
events.   You don't see that very often in the tech / IT world!  Even
if they have some (unspoken) flexibility in schedule, it still is a
positive PR coup for the company, I think.

-rick

  Down Time Rescheduled

A critical network upgrade must be performed to ensure continued
operation of Twitter. In coordination with Twitter, our network host
had planned this upgrade for tonight. However, our network partners at
NTT America recognize the role Twitter is currently playing as an
important communication tool in Iran. Tonight's planned maintenance
has been rescheduled to tomorrow between 2-3p PST (1:30a in Iran).

Our partners are taking a huge risk not just for Twitter but also the
other services they support worldwide—we commend them for being
flexible in what is essentially an inflexible situation. We chose NTT
America Enterprise Hosting Services early last year specifically
because of their impeccable history of reliability and global
perspective. Today's decision and actions continue to prove why NTT
America is such a powerful partner for Twitter.

http://blog.twitter.com/2009/06/down-time-rescheduled.html